.

Tuesday 24 August 2010

the love of slide






i love the tones of slide so much, it somehow makes everything look as if seen through some mysterious, very clear glass with the softest tint of blue. it makes me want to whisper.

the above were taken at the café on emmasee in bremen. shame i couldn't take the sculpture with me. it would have fit perfectly in the imaginary garden of my imaginary house. perhaps i should keep my eyes open on future fleamarket rounds for sculptures of a smaller size. what are you coveting at the moment?

latest blog crush: morgan's brick house.

follow my blog with bloglovin

12 comments:

Enia Is (Almost) Here said...

agreed. i love the tone of it, though i am mostly a twilight blue/gray girl myself...

kristina said...

I love the tone of these photos, but I also love how you've composed them. you really have a special eye!
since I'm curious: what kind of slide film? is it cross-processed? :-)

alexandria said...

These are so wonderful and wow! on the colours and tones.

Currently I'm eyeing some fabric for sewing projects at home.

kristina - no penny for them said...

hey there, thanks for stopping by!

enia: a twilight girl sounds good. you are at zagreb at the mo, right? good luck with the phd-thesis!

kristina: ah, you're too kind. most of the time i'm using kodak elite chrome 100, but this time it was a drugstore brand, called paradies 100 (:)). i'm suspecting it's kodak, as it says 'made in the u.s.a.' on the package.

alexandria: thank you ... it's all down to the film, of course. and the light that evening. -- sewing projects sounds great, will you show us what you're making?

Marion said...

Love all of them. The last one especially.
You should have it framed and you should put it on the wall, you know which one ?

P R I M O E Z A said...

that's interesting...makes me realise i know very little about the tools of photography!

MANDY said...

I have to agree with Primoeza, I'm always learning new things from you ... these are just great and that sculpture is divine !!!

keishua said...

lovely.

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

Marshmallows, lots of lots of them! Mmm...

Lovely tones in these.

Joyti said...

What beautiful photographs...
I am craving a little matcha tea at the moment :)

isabelle said...

wonderful photos....
very nostalgic and moody

Jessica said...

these pictures are wonderful. i love film

followers

***