.

Friday 20 August 2010

it depends on how you look at it



there's been some guerilla wallpapering going on in my neighbourhood. my favourite one is the street sign alteration. they changed 'raumerstraße' (which is a place name with no particular meaning) to 'träumerstraße' (meaning 'dreamer's street'). makes me smile.

so really, it all depends on how you look at it, right?

i'd like to see the potential in ordinary things, look at things with fresh eyes, see a chance for something else when things go haywire, turn difficult projects into something nice with the help of little things.

p.s.: last night i had the most vivid dream about a discussion with a squirrel. it was complaining about the lack of entertainment and prettyness in the forest and wanted me to do something about it. it was really quite chatty and convincing and impatient. i was trying to talk myself out of it, but no luck. then i woke up.

follow my blog with bloglovin

15 comments:

Marion said...

Oh, I like that urban guerilla !!!!

Fantastic dream.
I had the one I told you about again last night. And I still don't know his name...
Argh !!!!!

Enia Is (Almost) Here said...

what a terrific idea! it is amazing what we don't notice and what we do...

Unknown said...

Love that dreaming street and your dream, with a squirrel, hahaha...amazing.
And amazing, remembering it next morning.

Nathan Williams said...

thanks for the invite to meet up in berlin, by the way!
katie and I would have loved to, sincerely - we just read the message the morning we were leaving!

next time!.. it would be so nice to meet you

hope your friday has been wonderful

/nate

Hannah Sadie said...

dreamer's street - so pretty! I love remembering my dreams, it's so strange that we make memories and have experiences even while we sleep.

And I had your lemon pasta with some shrimp! it made a delishious lunch, thank you for the suggestion :)

Unknown said...

I love that transformation too!
Happy weekend Kristina

MANDY said...

I love that, so great and a great post as usual !!!

Floh said...

Love that picture!

P R I M O E Z A said...

that sign is really cool - it would make me smile too.

i love when i have dreams like that - so whimsical and surreal, but somehow so real :)

la ninja said...

writing "how dreamy" would be utterly predictable and crap. therefore, I'm not. :)

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

Sometimes I wish I were an Urban Guerilla. I think that would be awesome...

alexandria said...

I love the change made to the sign. I like when things open our eyes a little more towards good ideas.

outi said...

hihi, i like that street name better too. and your dream with the squirrel made me smile;)

kristina said...

I thought your dream was so funny, but then I forgot to comment on your post. this photo is for you :-)

D. said...

great analog series... and Praktica is a very good camera! I use a Praktica LB from 1991, bought used and still working!

followers

***