.

Saturday 18 December 2010

at the museum I

looking at art
looking at art

we went to the museum, and as always, no matter if the particular art in question speaks to me or not, i love the gentle flow that comes with moving along the corridors, looking into the rooms - and looking at other people looking at art. intriguing. i could do it for hours. i'm slightly jealous of that golden bag. but maybe it only works if you have some friends with brown, rusty red and purple sweaters standing next to you? in a space with tall, ornamental charcoal iron pillars?

after lots of work, i met some friends tonight and we ended up in a café with a little concert going on. it really calmed me down and got that smile back onto my face.

happy new week!

p.s.: i'm so looking forward to christmas. does that mean i'm a five-year-old inside? i think it just might.

p.p.s.: do you know what the people up there in the first pic are looking at? hint: it's at the hamburger bahnhof. leave a comment and i'll draw a winner by wed, 22 dec, midnight, to receive a 13x18 cm print of their choice (which should reach you in the new year).

follow my blog with bloglovin

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, means that you are five, Kristina! Isn't that wonderful! Thank you for your birthday wishes; we had a great day.
Two things I miss about the city: cafees and galleries, so thank you for sharing!

jana said...

they're looking at carsten höllers "soma" deers!! thanks to your post i went to the hamburger bahnhof website and read about it - it looks fantastic! i like that museum a lot.
i hope to go to some museum here during the holidays...the last time i went was in the summer i'm afraid.
have a good week and keep your smile :)

Marion said...

That's the CARSTEN HÖLLER installation right ?
i miss the hamburger bahnhof you have no idea...

Bisous !

MANDY said...

I love museums, I could walk around for hours .... and I too am excited by Christmas, we must be in touch with our inner child !!!

francesca said...

Wouldn't it be amazing if you thought the deers were stuffed and then they suddenly started prancing around? That would be Christmas magic and a half.
I have never been to this museum (only been to Berlin once) but it looks wonderful. Have you been to the Louvre, Paris? You could get lost in there for weeks...

Barbara said...

i love museums and taking pictures inside them

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

It's been too long and you've inspired me. SFMOMA this week.

Anonymous said...

I like museums for the sake of their quiet and claming atmosphere as well.

kristina said...

it must be the reindeer! so, how was it? did they seem ok?
those cast-iron pillars are so beautiful!
and we should all have a five-year-old inside :-)

Anonymous said...

I have never been to the Hamburger Bahnhof, but I would love to go...

P.K said...

I love the Hamburger Bahnhof, I could go everyday if I could just for the space itself. I too am looking forward to Christmas, one should never lose touch with the inner 5 year old. Have a Happy Christmas.

P R I M O E Z A said...

love these. you've really captured the feeling of a big space.

Pascale said...

Argh ! Too late...
!-))

followers

***