.

Wednesday 9 June 2010

pale




have you ever been to a photographer's lab, developed film and made prints? the moment when you carefully slide your print-to-be into the developer and the image starts to appear like a ghost, by and by, until you finally can make it out clearly - that's pure magic. a moment that holds everybody transfixed when they experience it. it's a mix of anticipation, impatience, excitement and wonder. films like blow-up capture this so well, that may be one of the reasons i like it so much.

and you see, sometimes life feels a bit like that too. you feel things are about to change, there's something up in the air, but you can't quite make out what it is. you're standing and you're looking, and the image is taking shape, but it's so pale you can't read it. you'll have to wait a bit longer.

when i took these tulip shots, i was worried the light might be too dim, so i chose the biggest possible aperture. now they seem like a pale vision, almost unreal. one of those happy accidents.

follow my blog with bloglovin

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I have been in a lab. And now exactly what you mean...
We were said, light photos cannot be darkened, dark photos can be lightened...but accidents are sometimes so charming.

isabelle said...

wonderful shots...
dreamy...

inna karenina said...

beautiful photos! I have never been to a lab, but I so much would like to..

likeschocolate said...

I have had that happen to some shots, but it wasn't always so happy. It looks cool with these tulips though!

Kaylovesvintage said...

a very happy accident

Enia Is (Almost) Here said...

absolutely beautiful. and you have a lovely blog, if i may say so :)

Anonymous said...

Yes... like is full of happy "accident" !! I love yours Kristina !!! Bonne semaine ; )

elena nuez said...

what a wonderful photos!!!

lucie said...

a happy accident, indeed: it's beautiful!

Megan said...

This is a beautiful post. I've never been in a real photography lab but when I was in 6th grade we made cameras and turned the boys' locker room into a darkroom and developed our own black and white photos. It was really magical.

Jenna said...

oh, this is so wonderful! beautiful colours, focus, all. love.

christine said...

I agree with you, and "happy accident" pictures are always my favorites ones, they are so delicate.

Shokoofeh said...

wow Kristina... your words... wow!
Yes I've been in the lab for many beautiful hours and I truly know what you're talking about. I always say the developing process of a photograph is one of the most priceless things in this world that I've felt. And yes sometimes (for me now) life sounds really like this. so pale.


Beautiful photos. as always. xo

Fine Little Day said...

Lovely shoots Kristina.

Emily said...

I love your shots and now I'm curious to see that process for myself. Sometimes the photos we like best are indeed those happy accidents.

Unknown said...

oh these are GREAT!

followers

***