.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

sweat shop café, paris




have you heard? the sweat shop café has opened in paris, a place where you sip your tea and rent a sewing machine by the hour (and for 6 euro an hour, that's not a bad price either). not only does the place look gorgeous, it also offers workshops on all things craft-related. plus, the café was opened, and is run, by two friends, martena duss and sissi holleis. i so love that idea!

photos by munia sbouri. details about the café here.

i wish i could go now. happy tuesday, all!

p.s.: it looks as if i eyafjallajökull lets me go to london after all. so excited...

16 comments:

máni said...

wow it looks gorgeous! sounds like a similar concept to that stitch'n'bitch nähcafé in kreuzberg.

enjoy your trip to london! i am already curious about the stories you're gonna tell us and your photos!

Unknown said...

wow. that place looks great, wish one of that would be near home...

inna karenina said...

that place sounds so great!
oh, and have a great time in London:)

isabelle said...

great idea!
i have to check this place out:)

Mandy said...

So glad you are still off to London, I would love to be going to The Photographers Gallery and The Tate, Hope you have a wonderful time.... Luck you !!!

Anonymous said...

Nice concept !!! Thanks for the link...Next time I 'll go to Paris !!!

Guusje said...

Too cool!

anna said...

It would be great to have a place like that in the neighbourhood! & it looks gorgeous.

Janis said...

I love this idea! I want to go sew and sip a coffee. Thanks for the info :^)

natsumi said...

That sounds great! I would love to check it out!

Ps. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
Corner view meet up sounds lovely! I am in!

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the look of those old-fashion looking sewing machines and tables!!

likeschocolate said...

I don't sew, but what a fantastic place to hang out!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea!

xo Alison

Unknown said...

Yes, that is a great idea!
Hope you'll get a wonderful time in London!!

I was really moved by your comment and support on me being stuck in Athens, really. Thank you so much.

Isabelle said...

this place looks great ...

; said...

what a great café!

followers

***