.

Saturday 5 February 2011

the party's always in the kitchen

the party's always in the kitchen
the party's always in the kitchen
the party's always in the kitchen
the party's always in the kitchen
the party's always in the kitchen

sooner or later everybody ends up in the kitchen. i wonder: is that some primal instinct of gathering around the fire? or is it just because of the food... (these photos were taken recently at k's and p's new year's toast, which i mentioned before.)

yesterday was a busy but very happy day: lots of work, but also a surprise parcel from the boyfriend with a new lens! you should have seen the smile on my face! so now i've got a 50 mm/2.8 f macro for the pentax and the first roll is almost full. i'm a very happy girl indeed!

oh, and before i forget, i really wanted to let you know about valerie's food blog nettle and quince: i'm rather taken by the orange thyme pancakes and the crêpes. to me, her blog is all about earthy, honest food. to think that she cooks all this for her family and manages to photograph it so nicely: chapeau!

happy weekend! (don't forget the blog birthday giveaway, you can still enter today and tomorrow (sun 6 feb).

17 comments:

isabelle said...

I love you kitchen photos. have you seen that one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anmulder/5414886511/in/photostream/?
enjoy your saturday and yay for the new lens!!!!

Marion said...

Ah, terrific. This kitchen might be one of my favourites ever.

fen and ned said...

What a perfect surprise gift!
Love these photos, a bowl of olives would be enough to get me in to any room!
Thanks for the link, I'm going to try baking valeries pear & hazelnut cake...my mistake I'm going to get my daughter to bake valeries pear & hazelnut cake!;D

Shokoofeh said...

I really love these black and white photos. Specially the second one. xoxo

la ninja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
la ninja said...

the party is always in the kitchen, yes. the food, the less formal atmosphere, the hub where all happens. that's it for me.

love your b&w shots and gosh! those pancakes! have to go out in gale force winds (drama queenery, I know) to buy flour now. ha ha ;)

MANDY said...

Oh lucky you with that lens ... see you have found your inspiration again !!!
and Yah more black and whites, these are so great, really love the one of the plates !!!

máni said...

wow! best present ever! can't wait to see your photos!

Sammi said...

You are so right, if we end up cooking at a friends house we always end up gathered around the food :D

P R I M O E Z A said...

surprise presents are the best!

Kathastrophe said...

great pictures, very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Such lovely photographs as always - You make me miss Berlin terribly! Thank you so very much for your kind mention - I am touched. I wish I had more time, especially for the photos, but mostly I wish I had a Berlin kitchen! Valerie

jana said...

die bilder sind toll. ich liebe die küchen anderer leute, besonders auf parties. und in die kühlschränke zu gucken :)

Unknown said...

I love these! Enjoy that new lens of yours!

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations on the new lens! Love these photos!

kristina said...

wow, a new lense - the best kind of present :-) I really like your kitchen shots!

Brit said...

I just discovered you blog - wonderful, a real eye candy ! Greetings from Paris! xo, Britta

followers

***