.

Saturday 19 February 2011

how come

schaedel & sattler
schaedel & sattler

how come february feels like the longest month in the northern hemisphere even though it's undoubtedly the shortest? i've definitely reached a point of winter saturation. and yet, it's snowing outside this morning. i guess it will be all the more wonderful when spring finally comes.

recently, i was introduced to a little restaurant in my neighbourhood, which i've completely fallen for. schaedel & sattler is just the kind of place that gets me: simple and friendly, serving honest food. that, plus it's located in a new building, in which i think the bare concrete walls, a trait that has become ubiquitous in contemporary architecture and sometimes seems a little uninspired, works prefectly. more about them soon on mostly berlin.

oh, and i've finally started using pininterest. (as per usual, i'm a little late to the party, but hey.) if you like to take a look at my pinboards of images that inspire me, you can do so here. want to join in?

12 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely inspirations, perfect to start this rainy Saurday with! Have a good weekend!

la ninja said...

I personally like february myself.
probably because I tend to be in such a funk in january that february is a sign of good things to come...

snow again! I hear the same about northern england, which may mean it is this way soon (we're basically starting to be surrounded by it) ay!

jana said...

your pinterest boards are gooood.
and i want to come to berlin...
ich sende ein paar virtuelle sonnenstrahlen, auch wenn die wohl kaum wärmen...schönes wochenende!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Yep, had enough of winter too here. That litlte restaurant sounds great, and even better that its in your neighbourhood. Great images on Pinterest.

Unknown said...

Ah, yes but on the other hand we have not had any snow at all this winter, and I have missed it so much! No opportunity for those gorgeous snowy photographs and it doesn't feel like you have properly had a winter until you and your toboggan have gone flying down a hill!

Lisa-Marie said...

I don't think it's even that February feels long really, I think winter has just been so long that it all merges. Winter is usually my favourite season, but I am over it now, i want it to be spring. I'm grateful that I have hot water bottle and blankets and woolly jumpers, but it would be nice to not have to use them!

I think to take solace in places and thing that inspire you is a wonderful way of dealing with dreary grey days.

kristina said...

we had a very spring-like weekend, with lots of sunshine. hope you got some sunshine too!

danica said...

that restaurant sounds and looks wonderful. i really hope i make it to berlin one day :)

Sammi said...

I thought February was just going super slow because I was counting down to my birthday :D

Pascale said...

No time either. The first pic is so nice.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Isn't Pinterest fun? I'm finding it quite useful.

[sen.siˈʝes] said...

last day of february!
spring is coming :)

followers

***