.

Thursday 12 November 2009

corner view: dish




ok, the dishes on that top photo are not mine, but you'll have to admit they are exceptionally nice. i spotted them at a friend's house when we had that famous 1920s poker night last month (remember?). i really like things with history. this may be why i love browsing for pretty dishes on flea markets. lots of my plates and bowls, pots and pans, glasses and vases have a little story to them. brought back from a holiday, found in a charity shop, passed on to me by a family friend - or found on a fleamarket ... i am a hunter and gatherer at heart, i guess.

find more links to corner views around the world at jane's. enjoy!

13 comments:

Talooky said...

I love them too, they' d turn a salad into a princess meal..

la ninja said...

love to rummage for dishes in flea markets too. have a few finds at home.
those golden-rimmed ones are pretty chic, though, I tend to go for the more rustic sort.

however, I went a "slightly" different route this cv round.

Unknown said...

Love flea market amount of plates, dishes, bowls...lovely photo.

l i s e said...

love also flea markets
as always love your photos
best
lise

Mari Mansourian said...

same here... i have stuff i've picked up at different places all miss matched, but like you said.. it makes it more interesting, has history, character.

Kaylovesvintage said...

I hear the flea markets are good in Berlin

kristina said...

beautiful! I love the photo from the flea market!
did you get the nikon this weekend, as you thought you might?

alexandria said...

Seriously cool shots! Dishes are so fun to look at...at least to me!

Mary said...

i agree the first image is lovely.
i envy you your berlin flea markets!

Unknown said...

For a moment there, I thought that last photo was your kitchen! :)

et lille oejeblik - a little moment said...

oh! oh! oh! that first photo is so amazingly dreamy and pretty. to die for!

and i'm totally with you on the history part.

Kari said...

lovely photo's all the same. I'd love to come to one of your flea markets1

PROVINS said...

oh if only you then could winn those dishes in poker!!
I would play more often!

followers

***